Wednesday 1 December 2010

CHRISTMAS BOX ? NO, GRASS BOX !

A follower –topgunhorse- has very kindly given me his grass box and, furthermore, gone to great lengths even to have it delivered. I really am most grateful.  Here on Epsom Downs we’re under a good 6” of snow (correction now 8") and it only took an hour and a half to push the delivery van the 30 yards to the top of the Close !  So my sincere appreciation also goes to the driver who may not yet have thawed out.
The box is in remarkable condition given its age but I may resort to some minor metal bashing, painting etc but not ‘till the weather improves as my enthusiasm for this restoration doesn't extend to working on frozen steel in my arctic garage. As I posted earlier this project is on ice – now literally.
 Weather permitting this should keep me busy over the Christmas break and anyway what else would I be doing – eating, drinking and making merry ? No thanks, bah humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment