Sunday 5 December 2010

WORKING ON THE GRASS BOX


With my garage now a barmy +2 deg C I’ve spent today preparing the grass box. A few areas have filler and this has been rubbed down and smoothed. One panel on the front face is just a bit lumpy and bumpy so I’m trying to hammer this flat but as I’m no panel beater I may only succeed in converting a few small bumps into numerous tiny ones as in a planished effect.
As the box has a matt finish in what I think is red oxide primer the bumpy section doesn’t show clearly enough to photo but certainly would be apparent when gloss painted.  As I attempt to smooth the panel I’m wetting the surface to show up the irregularities ( plus my poor panel beating!) but if my efforts don’t succeed I may resort to layering a piece of thin aluminium over the irregular area.
This prep’ing of the grass box will take a while and it’s far too cold for painting so I’ll only post again when there’s some progress to report.  


No comments:

Post a Comment