Wednesday 15 September 2010

FIRST IMPRESSIONS


After a thorough inspection I noted all the obvious work required and drew up a plan of action. I then took a lengthy video from every possible angle because I just know that on final assembly I’ll be wondering “where does this go ?”  The entire machine was covered in grease and oil which, as I was to discover later meant that whilst every nut, bolt and fixing came undone with ease on the minus side it made it almost impossible to get a grip on anything. So the first job was to saturate the machine in Gunk, then brush in neat washing up liquid followed by an hour of pressure washing.

Although the updates that follow are sequential I will not be undertaking all the separate tasks to completion in one go to avoid boredom and fatigue setting in.  In other words I will spend my days alternating between say preparing & painting some parts for an hour or so whilst also attending to mechanical and other issues.  

No comments:

Post a Comment