Sunday 14 November 2010

MAUVAIS QUART D'HEURE


This week I’ve been fitting the fuel tank and when completed I noticed that the forward tank straps did not quite sit correctly around the tank. After some deliberating I discovered that the tank support arms had been assembled the wrong way round.  The rear engine support brackets are near vertical and therefore the tank support arms are also vertical-these were fitted correctly, however the forward tank arms follow the inclined angle of the front engine support brackets but are then slightly angled upwards so as to be vertical at the top to take the tank straps. I had not noticed this during assembly with the result that the tank straps were not at right angles to the tank. It’s hardly noticeable but would be by those ‘in the know’ and anyway I can’t live with something I know is wrong so the whole !$%&*! engine/tank support assembly will have to be dismantled and refitted correctly. Only a days work. C’est la vie.
Update. Surprise, surprise. This dismantling and reassembly exercise only took half an hour and now the tank straps fit perfectly. Me thinks I’m eventually getting used to this machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment