Sunday 31 October 2010

WHAT A PLONKER


This week I assembled the engine and fuel tank mounts between the engine support brackets and then onto the frame. It was important to get all the various parts assembled in the right order and once again it was a case of consulting the video at every stage. Unfortunately when the machine was videoed both prior to and during dismantling some of the rear view assemblies were obscured by the tool box so putting everything back in the right order on the rear ½” bars connecting the engine side brackets to the frame support arms was trial and error. Hopefully I’ve got it right, I’ll soon find out otherwise.

At either end of this bar are the brackets to support the tool box- not the frame stay clips but the flat supporting brackets.  Not for the first time a component has disappeared into the ether and is nowhere to be found after an hour of searching.  Fitting the tool box will be one of the last jobs so if they don’t turn up I’ll make new.

Update. I could easily have deleted that previous paragraph but I’ve left it in just to show what a plonker I have been.  The tool box support brackets (arms) form part of, and were fitted to, the handle assembly weeks ago which has been stored in my office a couple of feet away from my keyboard !

No comments:

Post a Comment